Michelle Mudge-Riley, D.O., M.H.A
1. Tell us briefly about yourself.
I'm a physician who became "The Doctor's Doctor" because of my success helping other doctors - and maybe a little bit because I originally set out to be a Pathologist! I have a Masters degree in business (concentration in healthcare) and am a certified coach through the National Career Development Association. I've worked with hundreds of doctors over the past decade - in all specialities, in every state. I mostly work with physicians 1-15 years out of training who are interested in being proactive about their careers to help them carve their path within a non-clinical career or side gig.
2. What drew you into coaching?
My own transition about 15 years ago. It was difficult to do by myself and I didn't know who to trust. There weren't other physicians to reach out to for help.
3. What is the #1 skill that a great MD coach needs.
Good active listening skills.
4. What is the #1 mindset that a great MD coach needs.
A positive mindset and a drive for empowering other physicians to be the best can they can be.
5. What is the #1 fear, frustration, need/ desire that your clients come to you with.
Fear they won't be able to make a change.
6. Any resources you'd like to include? My website with many free resources: http://www.phphysicians.com/
Michelle can be reached at:
Michelle Mudge-Riley, DO, MHA, RD, LD, CLT
President, Physicians Helping Physicians and DocRD
Website: www.phphysicians.com and www.thedocrd.com